Arise Son of Void Spaces!

It's Alive!  Alive I say!

Way back in 2012 I started a blog called Void Spaces.  It never made me rich, or famous, but I enjoyed sharing my hobby, interacting with other hobbyists and having a respository for my projects and ideas.  Unfortunately my dedication to the blog was inconsistent, and while I was proud of the content I did post I never did it with the regularity I would have liked.  I made my last post in the middle of 2019.  About a year later I resolved to get back at it and discovered that to my disappointment I couldn't.  Somehow the threads of digital identities got tangled and whatever email account I had associated with the blog was closed down.

  In spite of searching my accounts I came up a blank repeatedly and disgusted gave up on blogging for quite some time.  It's hard to kill ideas though, even when your former blog is being mercilessly attacked by savages in the comment section hawking herpes cures and penis pills.  I still felt the want to post what I was doing beyond the picture show on Instagram, or in Facebook groups.  I enjoy blogging because it gives me the space to ramble at length about what I'm up to and occaisionally present something that other hobbyists might find helpful.  I try to write what I'd like to read.  When I see something someone painted, or modelled, or when they have ideas related to hobby I'm excited, inspired, and learn things.  That sense of wonder is what makes it so valuable to me.

The good news, and the bad news of it is that I'm starting again.  Welcome to, "Son of Void Spaces".  When I named the original blog I was reminded of lost spaces in ships and at the time I thought it was a "cool" title.  It probably wasn't, but it served me well enough for almost a decade.  Originally I thought it was going to be related to the 40k universe, but over time it interested me less and more than that I'm a shameless hobby butterfly and can't stick to one topic for any length of time.

The new blog picks up where the old one left off as it has changed purposes over the course of it's existence.  This time around I wanted to reflect that lineage, but approach without the "grim dark".  The monster flick vibe seemed the way to do it and a hokey gorilla suit with space man helmet is an apt reflection of my hobby.  These days I think I see the imagined worlds as the "Voids" in my hobby.  Where miniatures and terrain projects may seem to overshadow the posts where I rattle on about imaginary stuff, or share my opinions they are just as important.  A ship would likely sink without them.

This time around I have mountains of substantiative content to draw on.  While my blogging efforts may have died a horrible death my hobby time has been consistent in the intervening years.  There's plenty of "filler" to share so I can waste adequete time on my self indulgent "creative" posts while still delivering content in a regular fashion.  Now, with the preamble out of the way I'll tackle some getting statted stuff (mission stament/intent, hobby space tour) in future posts.  For now welcome and thank you for joining me on yet another leg in my hobby journey :D .

  

No comments:

Post a Comment